C2C

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Decadent Peanut Butter Pie


My mom makes this pie every Christmas but now that I recently moved out to California and will be spending my Christmas here, the best friend and I will be attempting to make this pie on Christmas Eve. It's very rich and sweet so it's one of those once a year kind of treats, my mom didn't make this recipe up herself, neither did I, it's from Smuckers so I want to give credit where it's deserved.

*Decadent Peanut Butter Pie*

1 prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
1 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
8 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
12 oz container of non-dairy whipped topping, divided
1 jar (11.75 oz) Smucker’s Hot Fudge Ice Cream Toppings, divided

Drizzle: 2 tbs Smucker’s Hot Fudge and 2 tbs Jif Peanut Butter

In a medium bowl, beat together the Jif peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar. Gently fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spoon mixture into the pie shell. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.

Reserving 2 tablespoons of Smucker’s Hot Fudge, place remaining Smucker’s Hot Fudge into a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Spread Smucker’s Hot Fudge over pie to cover the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until serving time.

Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layer.

Place the 2 tbs Smucker’s Hot Fudge in a small baggie and knead for a few seconds. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle over pie. Do the same with 2 tbs Jif Peanut Butter going in the opposite direction of the Smucker’s Hot Fudge.

Enjoy! What makes this dessert so easy is that it's a no bake pie! It's a great treat, anyone who has ever tried it after my mom made it loved it, my cousin thought one year he'd have two pieces, he did than he regretted it because he didn't believe it was so sweet until he didn't feel well lol, so be prepared, one decent size piece at a time is good. It will last for a few days, that is if their are leftovers. I doubt there will be if you bring it to a Christmas Party or if your having company over or going somewhere and bringing dessert.

*I found the picture of the pie via a Google image search, I had one of the one my mom made a couple Christmas' ago but I just can't seem to locate it.

1 comment: